Lessons I learned in 2019
On this episode of the Diverse Minds Podcast, I talk about the business lessons I’ve learned in the year 2019. I also talk about what’s to come in 2020 for my business, Diverse Minds UK.
The end of the Gregorian calendar is often a time for reflection for everyone, an opportunity to look back and set the tone for the year ahead, and I think doing this can be a useful exercise to celebrate all you’ve achieved in that year and consider what you want to build on in the future.
In today’s show, we talk about:
- Key lessons I learned in January. [02:01]
- My revelation in February. [03:13]
- How being a podcast guest in March shaped the Diverse Minds Podcast. [04:31]
- Developing a train-the-trainers programme in April. [05:21]
- Charging-up for leadership in May. [06:30]
- Being a guest speaker in June. [08:10]
- Applying for awards in July. [09:24]
- Launching my online wellbeing course in August. [10:45]
- Finally taking a seven day break in September. [12:17]
- Winning my first award in October. [13:56]
- Rolling out the Mentally Healthy Leading Manager course in November. [16:54]
- Winning a Asian Business Chamber of Commerce Award in December. [18:52]
- What’s next for 2020. [21:26]
- About my coaching programme and my special January jumpstart package. [23:16]
Here are some helpful resources mentioned in this episode:
- Careers Happiness Mentor Podcast: http://www.thecareerhappinessmentor.com/
- TetraMap In your Element Podcast: https://www.tetramap.com/in-your-element-podcasts/
- My first lesson for the year was to tighten up all my terms and conditions.
- An hour isn’t really always an hour. Often, it can take a long time to get the presentation, right and you’ve also got to factor in your travelling time as well.
- Being on several podcasts this year made me really consider my own thoughts about podcasting, and sowed the seeds for me thinking about creating the Diverse Minds podcast.
- I’m really good at telling people about their own wellbeing, but sometimes, when it comes to my own wellbeing, I’m not the best!
- So 2019 was a year of understanding and setting boundaries, creating more clarity around the work that I do, going for it as you never know where it’s going to take you and making the most of those opportunities.
Work with me
What are the lessons you have learned this year? I would love to hear from you.
So why not find out more about coaching and if I am the right person for you, by booking a free 30-minute call with me here:
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
For January 2020 only I am offering a special coaching package of two coaching sessions for just £150 (incl VAT). You need book your 30 mins free call by 31 December 2019 and be able to pay the first week in Jan.
If you fancy working with me on a one-to-one basis, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or book a time so that we can chat about what might be right for you.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, then consider subscribing on Apple podcast, Spotify or wherever you access your podcasts from.
Remember to tune in to next week’s episode, where I’ll bring you more insights into mental health and inclusion.