Welcome to the 167th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month’s theme is all about nutrition, food and mental health. So, on today’s episode, I’m going to be talking about seven ways cooking supports our mental.
Listen to the episode
On today’s show on Cooking Supports our Mental Health
- A list of foodbanks and charities that help people get access to hot meals [02:03]
- How cooking can be used as therapy. [03:10]
- One research study that found that cooking can improve mental health. [03:53]
- A study that found cooking can be a really important way to foster social connections. [05:57]
- 7 ways cooking can support your mental health. [05:57]
Quotes linked to Cooking Supports our Mental Health
- We shouldn’t have food poverty in this country, but sadly we do.
- So cooking can indeed be used as therapy.
- When I have a terrible day, I actually just want to get into the kitchen, put on an audiobook or some music, and produce something at the end of it.
- Cooking can also be a really important way to foster social connections.
- Creativity has a very positive impact on our mental wellbeing,
Resources on Cooking Supports our Mental Health
- Leave me an anonymous message on my SpeakPipe
- Is Home Cooking Really Good for the Soul? Science Says Yes
- 7 Ways Cooking Can Boost Your Mental Health
- Listen to Episode #136 How music boosts our mental health
- Check out Episode #153 How the arts support mental health
- Listen to Episode #138 Adult Play, Music and Connection with Crystal Luk-Worrall
- FareShare: https://fareshare.org.uk/
- Turn2Us: https://www.turn2us.org.uk/About-Us/Our-Campaigns/Living-Without-Campaign/Where-to-get-help
- Trussell Trust: https://www.trusselltrust.org/
Work with me
Check out my course: The Mentally Healthy Professional
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
Join my mailing list here: https://bit.ly/DMMCHSU
One-hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.