|Welcome to the 109th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. In today’s episode, I am going to be talking about creating culturally inclusive meetings for National Inclusion Week. This is crucial right now as people transition back to a physical workplace, as well as working from home, in a hybrid fashion.|
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on creating culturally inclusive meetings
- Why I decided to make an episode on this topic. [00:45]
- My definition of equality, diversity and inclusion. [01:17]
- Why it’s important to make your meetings inclusive [01:38]
- Where to start if you want to create an inclusive culture for your meetings especially in a hybrid workplace. [01:57]
- Some practical things you can do to make your meetings more inclusive. [02:27]
Quotes on creating culturally inclusive meetings
- Diversity is having a seat at an important meeting and seeing people from different backgrounds, different levels in the organisation, with different perspectives sitting around this table.
- Sending notes and meeting information in advance to all team members is super useful.
- Printing on cream or off-white paper really does reduce glare for all and it’s particularly good practice for anyone who has dyslexia, or is on the neurodivergent spectrum.
- Make sure that your minutes are clear and succinct.
- When you set your times for your meetings, consider the impact it might have on carers or anyone with any type of caring responsibilities.
Resources to create culturally inclusive meetings
- What is National Inclusion Week?
- How to run effective hybrid meetings
- Episode #97: The art of listening to support someone
- Coloured overlays from Crossbow Education
Work with me
If you enjoyed the content why not subscribe to my bi-monthly newsletter. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/MHLMEBKLNK
My coaching solutions can be accessed here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.