Welcome to the 228th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. We are welcoming this year with a series on the heart and mind connection. This week, I am speaking with Dr Rolake Ojo about having a career with heart and mind.
Listen to the episode
About my guest
As a medical doctor turned graphic designer, Rolake’s job has always been helping people to get better. Previously, she did this by treating patients, and today she does this by making health and wellness experiences more intuitive & rewarding.
Her focus is branding and user experience/interface (UX/UI) design that helps clinicians and healthcare providers build trusting relationships with their audience.
She now advocates for the importance of design in healthcare and helps other health professionals carve their paths through the podcast Brand New Dr. and public speaking engagements.
In today’s show on a Career with Heart and Mind
- About Rolake and what she’s currently working on. [01:38]
- How she transitioned into graphic design after training as a medical doctor. [04:19]
- What the term heart and mind connection means to her. [07:38]
- Challenges that people face when it comes to connecting heart and mind in their careers. [14:11]
- Her top three mental health tips. [22:42]
Quotes on a Career with Heart and Mind
- Your heart is where all your dreams and passions are, whereas your mind is about logic and making things happen. When there is dissonance between the two, that’s where the pain is.
- I wanted to be a designer and do something creative.
- Where I’m from, respect for elders is everything.
- Spend time with people who love you.
Resources for a Career with Heart and Mind
- Visit Dr Rolake’s website
- Follow her on LinkedIn
- Check out her podcast
- Listen to Episode #199 Failing Forward with Nana Parry
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-book here
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.