Welcome to the 82nd episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast! In today’s episode, I’m going to be wrapping up the month of March by talking about agency as a female solopreneur. I have been showcasing female entrepreneurs with a true heart during this month. So, in this episode I am talking about agency and the positive experience I have had running my own business.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show, on Agency as a Female Solopreneur
- The definition of the term agency. [01:09]
- Why we need to acknowledge the specific experiences of women of colour at work. [02:51]
- The truth about imposter syndrome and its effect on women of colour. [03:35]
- What I refer to as “frustration syndrome” and why. [04:51]
- How Global Majority/Women of Colour can be more agentic. [06:53]
Quotes about Agency as a Female Solopreneur
- Personal agency can be defined as the ability to initiate and direct actions toward the achievement of defined goals.
- Imposter syndrome is loosely defined as doubting your abilities and feeling like a fraud.
- I don’t have imposter syndrome, but what I do have is what I call, “frustration syndrome”.
- An intrapreneur is someone that works in an organisation, but they have an entrepreneurial mindset to push forward their area or department for their organisation.
- Rarely is anything in life a breeze, but when we have agency and work with our hearts’, we can of course, move mountains. Especially as Global Majority women!
Other resources on Agency as a Female Solopreneur
- Paper: Agency as a fourth aspect of students’ engagement during learning activities
- HBR Article: Stop Telling Women They Have Imposter Syndrome
- #80 Entrepreneurship with an AfroTouch with Georgina Fihosy
- #33 Jumping Hurdles with Andrea Rainsford
- #67 Creating Safe Cultural Spaces with Rupinder Kaur
- Blog: Personal Resilience Training
- Book: Bounce The Myth of Talent and the Power of Practice by Matthew Syed
- #1 Why I started Diverse Minds and my Journey
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.