Welcome to the 126th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month’s theme is mind-body connection and how our physical health supports our mental health and how our mental health supports our physical health.
So, on today’s episode, I’m going to be talking about the book The Body Keeps The Score by Dr Bessel Van Der Kolk.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show about The Body Keeps the Score
- Why I decided to review this book in particular. [00:55]
- About the book The Body Keeps The Score by Dr Bessel Van Der Kolk. [01:26]
- What I found really useful about the book in terms of understanding trauma . [07:50]
- Elements I feel could have been added to the book. [15:27]
- My takeaways from The Body Keeps the Score. [19:11]
Quotes from The Body Keeps the Score
- I like to ensure my continuing professional development for training and this is exactly the kind of book I should be reading.
- For those who love evidence based research, and like to quantify and see things, this book is brilliant.
- This book is all about the connection between trauma and how it remains in someone’s body.
- The Body Keeps the Score does demonstrate how trauma stops certain parts of your brain working,
- I think that trauma can be hidden, it’s still very much a taboo issue, particularly for survivors of sexual abuse.
Resources related to the Body Keeps the Score
- The Body Keeps The Score by Dr Bessel Van Der Kolk.
- Dr Bessel Van Der Kolk’s website
- Podcast Episode #72: Recovery through Art with Olivia Mendoza
- The Soul Library run by Olivia Mendoza
- Associate Raksha Bhalsod’s Interview
Work with me
Join my mailing list where you will receive a copy of my e-Book The Mentally Healthy Leading Manager: https://bit.ly/MHLMEBK21
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.