Welcome to the 123rd episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast and a very happy 2022 to you all. I hope you had a good break and feel ready for the year ahead. This month’s theme is mind-body connection and how our physical health supports our mental health, and how our mental health supports our physical health.
So, in today’s episode, I’m going to be reviewing the book Wintering (The power of rest and retreat in difficult times) by Katherine May.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on Wintering
- Why I decided to review the book Wintering (The power of rest and retreat in difficult times). [01:03]
- Statistics connecting mental ill-health and physical ill health. [02:24]
- What I really loved about the book Wintering by Katherine May. [05:54]
- How the epilogue in this book resonated with me the most. [06:15]
- What we can take from the book and how it can support us during the tricky month of January. [10:31]
Quotes on Wintering
- We all have mental health and that there are steps we can take all year round to protect it.
- We know that mental health problems impact upon people all year round, and many people struggle to ask for help or seek that help.
- The connection between physical and mental health is vital as it makes
- The man who has everything has everything to lose.
- I can’t hibernate like a dormouse, but the analogies and the science behind it, I think is really useful
Resources connected to Wintering
- Wintering (The power of rest and retreat in difficult times) by Katherine May.
- Podcast Episode #19: How Blue Monday sparks conversations about mental health
- A Manual for Heartache by Cathy Rentzenbrink
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Work with me
Join my mailing list where you will receive a copy of my e-Book The Mentally Healthy Leading Manager: https://bit.ly/MHLMEBK21
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.