Welcome to the 197th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. To kick things off this month, we are talking about building your personal brand with a particular focus on leveraging your culture.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on Building your Personal Brand
- About my TEDx talk and booking me as a speaker. [00:39]
- Why I decided to talk about today’s topic. [01.08]
- The definition of personal brand and personal branding. [04:49]
- The benefits of building a personal brand in the workplace. [05:19]
- Why you should build a personal brand [06:21]
Quotes on Building your Personal Brand
- A personal brand is a widely recognised perception or impression of an individual based on their experience, expertise, competencies, actions, and or achievements within a community industry or a sector at large.
- Personal branding is about showcasing your professional experience, skills, and knowledge you have as an individual,
- I know from speaking to many people from the Black, Global Majority and Diaspora and/or communities that working from home has been really great, as they haven’t had to navigate the subtle everyday racism and politics in the workplace.
- It’s not just about doing it for a promotion, which is often important, but it’s also about doing it for you.
- Building a personal brand can really help you stand out in the workplace.
Resources on Building your Personal Brand
- Listen to my TEDx Talk
- Definition of a Personal Brand vs. Personal Branding
- Element of Inclusion Podcast with Dr Jonathan Ashong-Lamptey
- Listen to Episode #76: Self-love and Self-Esteem what does it all mean?
- Check out Episode #57: Assertiveness and Self-Care
- Find out about the challenges I faced on Episode #174 2022 The Year in Review
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-Book here
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.