Welcome to the 89th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. On today’s episode, I talk about how connecting with nature supports our mental health.
This is all because it’s Mental Health Awareness Week, which runs from Monday, the 10th to Sunday, the 16th of May, and this year’s theme is connecting with nature for your mental health and wellbeing.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on Connecting with Nature and Mental Health
- The theme of this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week and why it was chosen. [00:46]
- Why I decided to make a podcast about this topic. [02:07]
- What I mean when I talk about nature. [02:36]
- The benefits of spending time in nature. [03:00]
- Why we should care about spending time in nature. [05:49]
Quotes on Connecting Nature with Mental Health
- I think it’s fair to say that all of our mental health has experienced ups and downs over the last 14+ months.
- When we stop connecting with nature, that’s often the time that we notice that our mental health isn’t as optimum as it could be.
- According to reliable research, spending 120 minutes a week in nature is associated with good health and wellbeing.
- It’s really quite recently that we’ve become a majority urban species.
- Just adding 10 trees to a city blog has a huge impact on people’s perception of their health and wellbeing.
Resources on Connecting with Nature and Mental Health
- Finding a Friend in Nature
- Mindfulness in your home Kew Gardens Blog
- Paper: Spending at least 120 minutes a week in nature is associated with good health and wellbeing
- Thriving With Nature
- Forest Bathing
- 11 Reasons why being in nature is relaxing
- Green spaces aren’t just for nature – they boost our mental health too
- Book: The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben
Work with me
If you enjoyed the content why not subscribe to my bi-monthly newsletter here:
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.