In this episode, Versha Patel, founder of Birth and Beyond Fitness joins me on the show to talk about Self-Care September.
With all the back-to-school activities happening during this month, and with Summer over, it’s important to start the Autumn in the right way.
One way to look after yourself and build your resilience is by exercising, and I’m delighted to chat with Versha, my first guest on the show and a woman who has me swinging kettlebells every week!
Listen to the episode
About my guest
Versha Patel is the founder of Birth and Beyond Fitness. She has created the perfect balanced fitness/wellness classes and programs for women at various stages of their life, specialising in pregnancy and new mums’ bodies.
Versha’s life purpose is to transform new mums’ bodies and minds, creating bodies that are strong from the inside out, using a holistic approach. She includes that all-important mindset mentoring to build unbreakable confidence, so new mums can have stronger self-beliefs, be more loving with themselves and those around them.
She is living life with the purpose is to bring permanent change and a positive turning point in the legacy of women’s lives.
In today’s show, we talk about:
- What Birth and Beyond Fitness is all about. [01:56]
- How mums tend to put themselves last on the list when it comes to looking after themselves. [03:47]
- Why Versha decided to start Birth and Beyond Fitness. [07:45]
- Barriers that prevent mums from exercising after having a baby. [14:28]
- How exercising supports mental health and wellbeing. [18:56]
- Her top 3 tips for mums who may be new to exercising or trying to get back into it. [24:44]
- How Versha helps her clients with exercising. [28:59]
- How Versha will be practicing “Self-Care September” [35:33]
Connect with my guest:
Here are some helpful resources I mentioned in this episode:
- Action For Happiness
- Hashtags to use this September #selfcareawarenessmonth, #selflove, #selfcarechallenge, #evolvetolive
- The kindness we show towards ourselves will manifest into a kinder world.
- I have gone down the route of serving women a little deeper.
- Don’t overthink it just start.
- Start gently!
- Accept small but achievable fitness goals!
What to do next?
If you want to know more, download the mentally healthy line manager e-book that I’ve written in response to not only my experience but all the questions that I’ve been asked during training sessions and coaching sessions as a resource for you.
If you’re interested in work-life balance, book into the waiting list for the next mentally healthy leader course.
Work with me
If you fancy working with me on a one-to-one basis, feel free to email me at email@example.com or book a time so that we can chat about what might be right for you. Have a look at the Diverse Minds website to find out about training packages I offer to businesses.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, then consider subscribing on Apple podcast, Spotify or wherever you access your podcasts from.
Remember to tune in to next week’s episode, where I’ll bring you more insights into mental health and inclusion.