Welcome to the 232nd episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. It’s Race Equality Week, running from February 5th to 11th. Today we are focusing on Equity in the Aviation Industry.
Race Equality Week is an annual UK-wide movement uniting hundreds of thousands of organisations and individuals to address the barriers to race equality in the workplace.
This week, I am speaking to Nzinga Orgill, Founder and CEO of Avi-I Solutions to talk about this key subject.
Listen to the episode
About my guest
Nzinga Orgill has redefined the aviation landscape with her pioneering leadership. With nearly two decades of experience, Nzinga has transitioned from frontline roles at Heathrow Airport to reshaping the industry’s future through Avi-I Solutions.
Her impactful work not only champions accessibility, equity, and inclusion but also delivers substantial financial and reputation benefits for the organisations fortunate enough to collaborate with her.
Nzinga’s commitment to inclusivity and innovation positions Avi-I Solutions as a trailblazer, not just navigating the skies but creating a future where every passenger’s journey is an inclusive, enriching experience. Through her dynamic leadership, Nzinga sparks critical conversations, cultivates financial success, and elevates organisational reputations.
In today’s show on Equity in the Aviation Industry
- About Nzinga and what she’s working on at the moment. [03:33]
- What the term equity means to her. [09:30]
- The biggest challenges for passengers in airports who need support. [14:50]
- What airports can do to shift the status quo to integrate culture, legal resilience, and inclusion together. [19:44]
- Her top three mental health tips. [28:16]
Quotes on Equity in the Aviation Industry
- I love the term equity, prior to this we spoke about equality more.
- We are all born different and we should be able to embrace our differences.
- People deserve to be sent off how they want to be sent off when travelling.
- I know that for many people, travelling can be stressful.
- Flying can be one of the most nerve-racking things that we do, but it doesn’t have to be.
Resources on Equity in the Aviation Industry
- Visit Nzinga’s website
- Follow her on LinkedIn
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-book here
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.