Welcome to the 196th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month’s theme for the podcast is all about anxiety linked to the climate crisis, chaos and injustice. In today’s episode, I talk about how divestment links to mental health.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on How Divestment Links to Mental Health
- The definition of divestment [02.06]
- Why divestment in fossil fuel is so essential. [03.35]
- How divestment can improve everyone’s mental health globally. [04:49]
- Why systems must change to protect people’s mental health. [05.06]
- What we can all do to encourage divestment and improve climate injustice. [10:15]
Quotes on How Divestment Links to Mental Health
- Divestment is essential if we want to improve global mental health.
- There is significant evidence that demonstrates that mental ill health and the climate emergency crisis and injustice are interlinked.
- Increasing rates of climate-related hazards are exacerbating existing mental health problems.
- The irony of supporting mental health in a dying world seems lost on the people elected to make the most difficult decisions.
Resources on How Divestment Links to Mental Health
- Guardian Beginners Guide to Divestment
- Princeton can’t solve the mental health crisis without divesting from fossil fuels
- Divestment in Fossil Fuels: A Preventive Public Health Strategy
- RCP Position Statement
- Al-Jazeera Climate Crisis Creating a Mental Health Crisis
- Climate Psychiatry Alliance
- Listen to Episode #193: Anxiety Linked to the Climate Crisis
- Check out Episode #194: Parents for Future
- Listen to Episode #195: Colonial Legacies and Climate Change
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-Book here
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.