Welcome to the 136th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast.
This month’s theme is all about music and mental health. So, in today’s episode, I am going to be talking about how music boosts our mental health.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on how music boosts our mental health
- Why I decided to talk about music and mental health. [00:55]
- An interesting piece of research about how music affects the human brain. [01:07]
- Some of the ways music can boost our mental health. [04:26]
- How we can use music to support our mental health and wellbeing. [11:55]
- The ways in which we can use playlists as part of our wellbeing toolkit [13.05]
Quotes on How music boosts our mental health
- Meditative music has a very cathartic effect on us.
- Music can help us focus on our work, study or the activity that we’re doing.
- Understanding how music affects your emotions goes a long way to help ease anxious and depressive thoughts.
- Music increases memory and retention, as well as maximising learning capabilities.
- When we select a piece of music and replay it, it can really help us to express emotion without having to say anything.
Resources on How music boosts our mental health
- Music ‘releases mood-enhancing chemicals in the brain’
- 5 positive effects music has on your mental health
- Why We Listen to Music With Lyrics We Don’t Understand
- Listen to Episode 75: How love promotes positive mental health
- Check out Episode 89: Connecting with Nature and Mental Health
- Hear Karen Liebenguth on Episode 125: Doing Less Being More
Work with me
Join my mailing list where you will receive a copy of my e-Book The Mentally Healthy Leading Manager: https://bit.ly/MHLMEBK21
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.