Welcome to the 153rd episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month’s theme is all about the arts and mental health. So, in today’s episode, I talk about how the arts support mental health.
Listen to the episode
On today’s show on How the arts support mental health
- Why I am talking about art and mental health this month. [00:44]
- The definition of the term “the arts” [01:28]
- Some of the benefits of engaging in “the arts” for our mental health. [02:20]
- An overview of research that shows the benefit of engaging in “the arts”. [04:35]
- Examples of art and how we can access it in our daily life. [08:32]
Quotes on How the arts support mental health
- Engaging in arts, social activities and interactions within our communities can really help with things like isolation and loneliness, premature ageing and feeling distance from the community.
- It has been shown that art engagement also alleviates anxiety, depression and stress.
- Research has shown that visual art promotes health, wellness and fosters adaptive responsive distress.
- Visiting museums can protect us against Dementia development.
- Cultural activities encourage gentle movement, reduce social isolation and lower inflammation in the body.
Resources on How the arts support mental health
- Leave me an anonymous message on my SpeakPipe
- 4 reasons craft is good for your mental health
- Brain research shows the arts promote mental health
- Paintings in Hospitals 70 Ways art improves our health
- Check out my course: The Mentally Healthy Professional
- Listen to Episode #136 How music boosts our mental health
- Check out Episode #137 11 Songs that Boost my Mental Wellbeing
- Listen to Episode #138 Adult Play, Music and Connection
- Check out Episode #139 Music and Mental Health
- Listen to Episode #87 Why Dancing is Good for Mental Health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
Join my mailing list here: https://bit.ly/DMMCHSU
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.