Welcome to the 181st episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. As it’s February, this month’s theme is all about intersectionality and LGBTQ+ History Month. Today we’re talking about how to support LGBTQ+ mental health and wellbeing at work.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on How to support LGBTQ+ Mental Health at Work
- About my TEDx talk – The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health. [00:40]
- The focus of today’s episode. [01:12]
- Statistics on the prevalence of LGBTQ+ mental-ill health [02:36]
- Questions to help you consider the kind of ally you are towards LGBTQ+ communities. [04:11]
- Eight things workplaces can do to support LGBTQ+ staff mental health. [05:40]
Quotes on How to support LGBTQ+ Mental Health at Work
- Suicidal thoughts can affect anyone, but these thoughts affect LGBTQ+ communities more.
- Work is a really big part of someone’s recovery experience or mental well-being.
- Training is not a panacea, but it’s a really important start.
- Identity is much more than one aspect of ourselves, it extends beyond our sexual orientation.
- Not all awareness days are to be celebrated it can be a case of remembrance too.
Resources to help you support LGBTQ+ Mental Health at Work
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
- Stonewall’s Statistics on LGBTQ+ Mental-Ill Health
- Supporting LGBTQ+ Workers’ Mental Health
- NHS Midlands: Allyship Toolkit
- BITC Report: Working with Pride
- Check out Episode #65 Why Training isn’t a Panacea
- Listen to Episode #69 How Real Allyship Makes a Difference
- Want to know more about Inclusive Language? Check out Episode #37 Why Bother with Inclusive Language
- Check out Episode #180 Intersectionality for LGBTQ+ History Month
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-Book: bit.ly/MHLMEBK21
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.