|Welcome to the 92nd episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast! During June our theme is corporate social responsibility. So, as it’s national Volunteers’ Week, we are kicking off this month with the topic of volunteering and how it supports mental wellbeing. In addition, I outline how workplaces can create a volunteering programme for their staff.|
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on how volunteering support mental wellbeing
- About Volunteers’ Week. [00:48]
- Why I decided to make an episode on this topic. [02:04]
- How volunteering is a Corporate Social Responsibility issue. [04:46]
- The importance of volunteering initiatives and how they support mental wellbeing. [05:34]
- Benefits of offering volunteering initiatives to members of staff. [07:16]
Quotes on how volunteering supports mental wellbeing
- Volunteer Week is a time to come together and thank all of those volunteers for their invaluable contribution.
- Volunteering is something that’s been very dear to my heart for a long time.
- Individuals who report a greater interest in helping others are more likely to rate themselves as happy, self-defined by them.
- Companies that go that one step further than just donating, by providing employees with actual opportunities to volunteer, seem to get an even better payback.
- The advantage of putting together a volunteering scheme is that this embodies positive values of a company.
Resources on how volunteering supports mental wellbeing
- Volunteers’ Week website
- Other volunteering websites: Time Bank, NCVO and DoIt.
- Gender-based violence, culture and mental health
- Blog post: Rewards of Volunteering
- Podcast #10: Talking about Domestic Violence at Work
- Podcast #66: Gender-based violence, Culture and Mental Health
Work with me
If you enjoyed the content why not subscribe to my bi-monthly newsletter. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMSYNR
My coaching solutions can be accessed here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.