|Welcome to the 114th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. It’s International Stress Awareness Week, a week created in 2018 to raise awareness about stress prevention.|
However, as this year marks 23 years since the establishment of Stress Awareness Day on 3 November in 1998, on today’s episode, I’m going to be talking about identifying and combating burnout.
Listen to the episode
On today’s show
- Why I decided to make an episode on this topic. [00:55]
- A definition of burnout. [01:48]
- The three stages of burnout as outlined by a psychologist. [02:30]
- The signs and spotting the effects of extreme stress. [04:37]
- What you can do to solve burnout [07:04]
Quotes on Identifying and Combatting Burnout
- Burnout is something we’ve all experienced in our lifetimes, either knowingly or unknowingly, especially over the last 20 months.
- When we talk about burnout, is a state of emotional physical and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress.
- Building up from stress, burnout occurs when we feel overwhelmed, emotionally drained and unable to meet constant demands.
- If untreated, medically or socially, it can lead to serious physical and psychological illnesses.
- Sleep is one of the things that can suffer when we’re experiencing extreme stress.
Resources on Identifying and Combatting Burnout
- Janice Taylor’s website
- Obehi Alofoje’s website
- Carol Stewart’s website
- Diverse Executive Coaches Directory
- Video of the Panel: Avoiding Burnout in a 24/7 Culture
- Episode #91: Elevating Teen Self-Esteem
- Hub for Hope
- Why Women and New Employees Are More at Risk for Zoom Fatigue in Inc.com
Work with me
If you enjoyed the content why not subscribe to my bi-monthly newsletter. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/MHLMEBKLNK
My coaching solutions can be accessed here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.