Welcome to the 180th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. As it’s February, this month’s theme is all about intersectionality and LGBTQ+ History Month.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on Intersectionality for LGBTQ+ History Month
- About my TEDx talk – The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health. [01:54]
- The theme for this year’s LGBTQ+ History Month. [01:33]
- Why it’s important to consider intersectionality when celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month [02:33]
- A intersectional mindset approach when celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month [05:20]
- Practical ideas for celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month intersectionally. [08:29]
Quotes connected to Intersectionality for LGBTQ+ History Month
- In workplaces, if you’re celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month, it’s vital to consider these intersections.
- Having an intersectional identity often generates a feeling that someone does not completely belong in one group or another, and can lead to isolation and mental ill health
- Part of taking this intersectional approach is to recognise people’s lives are multi-dimensional and complex.
- Consider who you choose to speak at events.
- Have a specific event or topic on LGBTQ+ identities, if this is new in your organisation, and if it’s established, integrate it.
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
- Listen to Episode #170 What is disability and intersectionality?
- Learn more about Professor Kimberlé Crenshaw
- Equality Network Scotland’s Intersectional Examples
- Listen to Episode #119 Universal Design and Why It’s So Important
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-Book: bit.ly/MHLMEBK21
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.