Welcome to the 141st episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month, as it’s Mental Health Awareness Month and this year’s theme is loneliness, I am focussing on loneliness and its impact on mental health.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on Loneliness and Mental Health
- How loneliness is affecting people living in the UK backed up with statistics. [01:19]
- Why loneliness can be subjective. [02:30]
- The true meaning of loneliness and how it is defined. [02:54]
- What we can do when we feel lonely and how we can support others. [10:10]
Quotes on Loneliness and Mental Health
- Society needs to find better ways of tackling the epidemic of loneliness.
- The pandemic has made me feel like much more of an introvert.
- Loneliness is that unwelcome feeling of lack or loss of companionship.
- If we enjoy our own company, we’re doing something that brings us joy, we might be alone, but we’re not lonely
- Being lonely can become a serious problem when it becomes a day-to-day reality, and over time, that can grind us down.
Resources for Loneliness and Mental Health
- Leave me an anonymous message on my Speakpipe
- Jo Cox Foundation Loneliness Report
- Listen to Episode 75: How love promotes positive mental health
- Learn more in Episode 134: Recognising the needs of Carers
- How Nature Can Help Episode 89: Connecting Nature and Mental Health
- Check out Episode 76: Self-love and Self-Esteem what does it all mean?
- Listen to Episode 97: The art of listening to support someone
- Check out Episode 140: Why we need to talk about Maternal Mental Health
- Listen to Episode 125: Doing Less Being More
- 18 Things to Do When You’re Feeling Lonely, According to Experts
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.