Welcome to the 94th episode of the award winning DM podcast! June’s theme is corporate social responsibility. So, in today’s episode I am going to be talking about meaningful engagement with social campaigns by making change and not jumping on the bandwagon.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on making change and not jumping on the bandwagon
- The reason I decided to make an episode on this topic. [00:48]
- What Men’s Health Week and Refugees week have to do with organisations. [03:22]
- Why empty statements are super problematic. [06:26]
- The importance of being proactive and not reactive by slaying in your lane [09:10]
- How organisations can help make a genuine change instead of jumping on the bandwagon. [15:50]
Quotes on making change and not jumping on the bandwagon
- In the UK, we are currently debating if and why football players should be allowed to take the knee for race equality. Honestly, if we cared about race equality this wouldn’t be happening.
- On an organisational level, I have heard a deafening silence when it comes to commenting on the race disparity report that was released earlier this year in the UK.
- For every one woman that dies by suicide, three men will die.
- Businesses keep talking about a skills shortage, so why not work with your local Chamber of Commerce or relevant business organisation to positively devise a way of engaging with the government on letting refugees work and simplifying the process?
- Empty statements are super problematic, especially in big businesses that have resources to really change things and be exemplars.
Work with me
If you enjoyed the content why not subscribe to my bi-monthly newsletter. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMSYNR
My coaching solutions can be accessed here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.