Welcome to the 78th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast, and today is the last in our series all about self-love. So I’ve got a real treat for you because we’re gonna be delving into the concept of “being on the shelf” and the fact there should be no such thing as being shelved as a woman at any age.
And as we’ve just had Valentine’s Day and the pressure for heteronormative romantic relationships, I’m going to be joined by the amazing Jasveer Atwal to talk about her project Shelved.
Listen to the episode
About My Guest Jasveer Atwal
A Project Manager by day, and a wellbeing and mental health entrepreneur by night.
Jasveer started a blog to discuss her journey being over 30 and not married. This then transpired into her creating a t-shirt line with pictures depicting my journey. Proceeds of this go to mental health organisations.
She has also started another business, Azhoor, to help people create sacred healing spaces as her healing space has been integral to my journey. Her aim in life is to provide a wellbeing service which provides the comfort blanket people need during stages in their lives.
In today’s show on No such thing as Being Shelved:
- About Jasveer and why she created Shelved. [01:12]
- What self-love means to her and why there is no such thing as being shelved. [03:59]
- The biggest challenges in talking about mental wellbeing in South Asian communities. [06:56]
- The concept of being shelved across all cultures [08.23]
- What workplaces can do to make it easier to talk about emotions and mental health in a genuine way. [08:07]
- Her top 3 tips for looking after her mental health [10:35]
Quotes on no Such thing as Being Shelved
- I came up with Shelved because I went through a tough time about 10 years ago, and I couldn’t find anything I connected with.
- Self-love is being true to myself and being completely authentic.
- My morning routine is integral to me and my wellbeing.
- I want to create a safe space where initial conversations are about mental health first.
- We have prayer rooms, so why can’t we have scared (safe non-religious) healing spaces?
Connect with my guest
- Jasveer on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Azhoor on Instagram
- Shelved on Instagram
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.