Welcome to the 214th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. Welcome to October and it is of course Black History Month in the UK. This year’s theme is Saluting our Sisters.
This year, Black History Month will be dedicated to honouring the achievements of Black women who are often forgotten heroines. The aim is to amplify their voices and challenge the systems that oppress them.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on Saluting our Sisters
- About my TEDx talk and booking me as a speaker. [00:44]
- This year’s Black history month theme [01:50]
- Celebrating my Black sisters that have been there for me. [03:55]
- Black women who have led the way around the globe. [06:15]
- Ways to salute Black women at the workplace. [10:50]
Quotes on Saluting our Sisters
- Black History Month is about placing anti-racism and anti-blackness at the core of what we do.
- It is about moving from simply listening to constant and consistent actions.
- Do not ask Black women to speak at your organisation for free!
- There are so many Black women who have led the way around the globe.
- Think about the Black women in your area and those around the world.
Resources connected to Saluting our Sisters
- Black History Month Resource pack 2023
- Inspirational Black women you should know
- Listen to Episode #113: Ensuring a Black History Month 365 Approach
- Episode #110 Tackling Anti-Blackness in South Asian Communities
- Check out Episode #7: How to organise meaningful Black History Month Events at work
- Listen to Episode #4: Black History Month UK 2019 with Pawlet Brookes.
- Check out Episode #85: Black Beauty and Wholeness
- Kenyan Climate Justice Activist Irene Asuwa on Episode #195
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-book here
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.