|Welcome to the 95th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast! Continuing the theme of corporate social responsibility for the month of June, I talk about shaking up your recruitment process in today’s episode of the show.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on Shaking up your Recrutiment Process
- Why I decided to make an episode on this shaking up your recruitment process. [00:59]
- Evidence for changing the way you do things as per McKinsey Diversity Wins 2020 Article. [02:05]
- Why shaking up recruitment practices are absolutely crucial. [05:15]
- How to think about and shake up your recruitment process. [06:16]
- Examples of organisations that have shaken up their recruitment practices for the better. [16:15]
- Often when an equality issue comes to the fore, as we’ve seen with race, equality, gender diversity, sexual violence towards women, the first reaction is to talk about recruitment.
- Shaking up your recruitment process doesn’t have to be complicated!
- Consider placing job adverts in other languages, and on country-specific job sites depending on the skills or languages required.
- Be prepared to do things differently and get out of your comfort zone.
- Videos can be used more extensively for recruitment to encourage a more diverse pool of applicants.
Resources for Shaking Up your Recruitment Process
- Podcast #52: The Messy Myth of Meritocracy
- Podcast #67: Diversifying Boards and why you need to
- McKinsey Diversity Wins 2020 Article
- BAME Recruitment
- Rare Recruitment
- Diversity Jobsite
- Diversity Dashboard
- My Diversity
- Females in tech roles and women return scheme like Credit Suisse
- Black Tech Networks
- We are The City
- Women in Tech run by Maggie Berry
- Tech Pixies partnership potentially
- Wise Campaign
- Targeted LinkedIn Ads
- Side Labs Internship
Work with me
If you enjoyed the content why not subscribe to my bi-monthly newsletter. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/MHLMEBKLNK
My coaching solutions can be accessed here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.