Shaping your Self Care Routine
On today’s episode, as part of Self-Care September, I talk about creating, adapting and having a routine to support your self-care.
The term self-care often has a bad reputation or a response that invokes a big sigh!
What I mean by self-care is taking practical action to look after your physical, mental and social wellbeing, and doing this regularly helps us during times of stress and builds resilience.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show, I talk about:
- How I define the term mental health. [01:54]
- The ways in which the pandemic has tested our mental health. [02:33]
- Ways of developing a daily routine and how it can help us feel more in control of the day-to-day. [05:27.
- Tips on how to create a healthy daily routine. [05:54]
Resources for Shaping your Self Care Routine
- Action for Happiness: Self-care September Calendar
- Website: The 168 Method by Laura Vanderkam
- Podcast: Movement and Self-care September
- Podcast: Resilience and Mental Health
- Blog: Personal Resilience Training
- Download: Shape Your New Routine Checklist
Quotes related to Shaping your Self Care Routine
- It’s time to prioritise yourself and your health. This is essential so that you can look after yourself and move forward to do the things you need to do.
- Mental health is a person’s condition with regards to their psychological and emotional wellbeing.
- Having or adopting a routine can help us cope with change and form healthy habits to manage and reduce our stress levels.
- It is difficult, especially if you’re still working at home, even if you’ve got space to demarcate the actual physical time and space to stop working because it’s very easy to just keep going.
- Think about how you want to shape your routine and what’s going to work for you.
Work with me
Check out my Shape Your New Routine Checklist to enable you to create a routine that works for you. You can download it here: https://bit.ly/DMSYNR
I am offering Wraw® Wellbeing and Resilience at Work half-price for £150+VAT.
Do get in touch for a free 30-minute call to find out more and see how Wraw® can help you. Book a mutually convenient time here:
I very much look forward to speaking to you and getting you started on your journey.
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in to next week’s episode, where we will be talking about neurodivergence, culture and race.