On today’s episode, I talk about solopreneur and small business owners’ mental health.
I chose to talk about solopreneur mental health, because I think there are specific challenges that you face when you run your own business. Or you have a small team but you’re essentially a small enterprise or a micro-business.
In this episode, I talk about these challenges and what you can do to deal with them during these incredibly difficult times.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show, I talk about:
- Statistics about SMEs in the UK [01:53]
- Challenges that are unique to small businesses during this crisis. [02:35]
- Some things you can do to spot the signs in yourself that indicate you might need support. [05:47]
- About my new online course, The Mentally Healthy Professional [07:39]
- What you can do to help your mental health during this period as a solopreneur or small business owner. [08:09]
Statistics about SMEs:
- SMEs account for 99.9% of the business population (5.9 million businesses).
- SMEs account for 3/5 of the employment and around half of the turnover in the UK private sector.
- Total employment in SMEs was 16.6 million (60% of the total), whilst turnover was estimated at £2.2 trillion (52%).
Resources for Solopreneur Mental Health:
- We haven’t always been able to furlough ourselves or haven’t really wanted to, so we’ve had to keep working as a solopreneur or small business owner.
- I’m really glad that I didn’t furlough myself and I just kept going. But I appreciate that everyone will be in a different position.
- Define what success means to you, and you alone.
- Every business is different.
- I think there are specific stresses for small business owners because if you pay other people, you feel that burden and you care about your people.
- The financial stress is often felt more acutely for others you work with rather than yourself.
Work with me
I’d love to help you on your journey to becoming a mentally healthy professional. You can access the course straight All for £57 for a year’s access to the course. https://diverseminds.thinkific.com/courses/the-mentally-healthy-professional
I hope you will come on board and if you are unsure, don’t forget to book a free 30 min call with me to find out more. Book your call here:
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast, please leave a review on Apple podcast or Spotify,
Remember to tune in to next week’s episode, where I’ll bring you more insights into mental health and inclusion.