Welcome to the 198th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month’s theme is all about Men’s Health, for Men’s Health Month. To join me today is Mark V Smith to talk about transactional vs transformational changes and how to create these.
Listen to the episode
About my guest
Mark Smith specialises in speaking from his personal experience of trials and tribulations in life. His desire to chronicle CHOICES and share the “journey” of his life, resonates with everyone at our core personally and professionally.
He served as Vice President of MACCA (Middle Atlantic Career Counseling
Association), and former RESEA (Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment) facilitator for the Department of Labor in the USA. In those previous roles, he used his gift of sharing words of perseverance that helped individuals push forward through adversity.
Mark received standing ovations when he spoke on topics such as growth, purpose. and legacy at venues across the country.
An alumnus of The Ohio State University, he has a strong passion for mentoring Currently, he is a nationally acclaimed award-winning STRIVE (Support Training Results in Valuable Employees) trainer at the Center for Urban Families in Baltimore MD. His teachings and guidance have changed the lives of thousands of men and women not only in Maryland but nationwide.
With his podcast “The Process,” he outlines and breaks down SITUATIONS we all go
through, and offers insight into methods to weather the storms in life.
Known for his clever use of acronyms within his messages, Smith gives listeners a way to remember key points as we GROW FORWARD. Mark’s vision statement of “Your Why is Greater Than Your Situation Which is Part of Your PROCESS,” gives us the perspective that we are always growing.
In today’s show on Transactional vs Transformational Changes
- About Mark and what he’s working on at the moment [02:15]
- His journey to becoming a motivational speaker. [06.23]
- On moving from a transactional to a transformational life using acronyms. [16.26]
- How to listen to your employees. [19:53]
- His top three tips for looking after his mental health [23:54]
Quotes on Transactional vs Transformational Changes
- We do need those shake-ups in life sometime even though we may not know why.
- Once you open your mouth, you tell the world who you are!
- We clear a path of debris to make space for more opportunities.
- Many people can see but not many have a vision for their future.
- I don’t touch social media in the morning!
Resources for Transactional vs Transformational Changes
- Visit Mark’s website
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn, Facebook , You Tube and Instagram
- Watch Mark’s TEDx Talk on GROWTH: Gradual Reminder Obstacles Will Test Hope
- Listen to Mark’s podcast The Process
- Suited for Success Charity
- The Big Issue article: Getting Suited for Success resources
- John De Lemme’s Habit Poem
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-Book here
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.