Welcome to the 70th episode of the Diverse Minds Podcast, and on today’s episode, I talk about what 2020 taught me. I highlight things I will take forward, as a result of the year we’ve had in 2021.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show, I talk about what 2020 taught me:
- Why reflecting at the end of the year is a useful exercise. [00:45]
- The importance of reframing our perspectives. [01:56]
- How I learnt to appreciate the small things in life. [03:14]
- An overview of each month in 2020. [03:51]
- One way I’ve been recharging my brain in 2020. [15:48]
Quotes on What 2020 Taught Me
- The end of the Gregorian calendar is often a time for reflection, it’s an opportunity to look back and set the tone for the year ahead.
- I think it’s a useful exercise to celebrate all you might have achieved and consider what you want to build on.
- One of the things that 2020 has taught me the importance of reframing our perspective.
- For me, 2020 has been about being grateful for those tiny things that I’ve taken for granted in the past.
- I don’t think I’m going to be getting a diary that says 2021 Best Year Ever!
Other podcasts related to this episode:
- Diversifying Boards and why you need to
- Neurodiversity, Race and Culture with Jannett Morgan
- Ramadan and what it means with Omar Salha
- Coronavirus and Humanitarian perspectives
- Managing Lone Working and Mental Health during COVID-19
- Jumping Hurdles with Andrea Rainsford
- Black History Month UK 2019 with Pawlet Brookes.
- The Challenge of Women’s Wellbeing at Work during Covid-19
- 12 business lessons I learned in 2019
- Why bother with Inclusive Language?
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1:https://calendly.com/leylao/60min
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations: https://calendly.com/leylao/60-min-wellbeing-strategy
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.