Welcome to the 159th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. For September, the focus of the podcast is personal development, and this week, I’m going to be highlighting six reasons why personal development is important and why you should get involved.
Listen to the episode 6 reasons why personal development is important
On today’s show on 6 reasons why personal development is important
- How can we define this term in more detail? [00:46]
- How personal development can be difficult to consider. [01:50]
- Some questions to get you in the right mindset. [02:46]
- What happens when we don’t focus on ourselves. [03:37]
- 6 reasons why personal development is important [04:43]
Quotes on 6 reasons why personal development is important
- Personal development is all about activities that are designed to help us reflect on our talents improve our skills, potential employability and career opportunities.
- I think personal development is really important because it allows individuals to become the best versions of themselves and meet their potential.
- It helps us to further our pathway knowledge and helps us to make better decisions with the knowledge that we acquire.
- When we don’t focus on ourselves and we go through the motions, we are actually not being true to ourselves. We’re letting ourselves down.
- No one has your best interests at heart more than you do.
- Leave me an anonymous message on my SpeakPipe
- Check out my course: The Mentally Healthy Professional
- Listen to Episode #156 The Power of Arts Therapy
- Check out Episode #155 Arts in Practice
- Listen to Episode #154 Book Review: Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Check out Episode #153 How the arts support mental health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
Join my mailing list here: https://bit.ly/DMMCHSU
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.