Welcome to a bonus episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month’s theme is all about music and mental health. However, it is also Stress Awareness Month, so I wanted to do an extra episode for you about resilience. Focussing on why resilience isn’t a sticking plaster. Keep listening, as I am also doing a giveaway in this episode.
I’d love to hear from you as listeners, to make this super easy I have created a place online where you can leave me a voice note on a platform called SpeakPipe with or without your name, you choose.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on Why Resilience Isn’t A Sticking Plaster
- Why I decided to create this special bonus episode. [01:20]
- The meaning of resilience. [01:40]
- What resilience is not. [02:14]
- How to win a place in my e-course – the mentally healthy professional. [03:51]
- 3 tips to help you consider your resilience strategy. [05:08]
Quotes on Why Resilience Isn’t A Sticking Plaster
- Prior to the pandemic resilience had been something on employers’ lips for some time.
- Resilience is the ability to adapt following setbacks and difficult life events whilst maintaining positive mental health and wellbeing.
- I often think of resilience as an internal rubber band.
- Putting up with poor management and simply sucking it up, bullying behaviours, thinking you’re not strong enough is not resilience.
- Organisations and businesses also need to build resilient systems by realising that people are simply not machines.
Resources for on Why Resilience Isn’t A Sticking Plaster
- Check out Episode 39: 5 lessons we can learn from noughts and crosses
- Blog Post: Personal resilience training
- Blog Post: How to address your Stress
- BITC Report
Work with me
Join my mailing list where you will receive a copy of my e-Book The Mentally Healthy Leading Manager: https://bit.ly/MHLMEBK21
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.