On this episode of the Diverse Minds Podcast, I talk about coaching and what it is, how it can benefit you and why you need a coach. I outline how a coach can help you to realise and achieve your goals as an individual or as part of a team.
Why you need a Coach
Coaching is a productive conversation between a coach and “coachee” (the person being coached), and the process of coaching enables the “coachee” to fully develop themselves and reach their goals.
Good coaching is all about asking powerful questions so that the “coachee” can find the answers that will work for them.
In today’s show, we talk about:
- Why I decided to make an episode on this topic. [00:51]
- How I found coaching and how it’s benefited my life and career. [01:27]
- The kind of people I tend to coach [03:27]
- What coaching really is and how it can help you with your overall mental health and wellbeing. [03:48]
- How coaching is different from counselling or psychotherapy. [04:31]
- Why I’m qualified to be a coach. [07:12]
- What to do if you decide you want to work with a coach. [08:03]
- About my coaching programme and my special January jumpstart package. [12:40]
Here are some helpful resources mentioned in this episode:
- EMCC: https://www.emccouncil.org/
- IMF: https://coachfederation.org/
- Happenista Project: https://www.udemy.com/course/the-happenista-project/
- Kelly Swaby Health Coach
- Sue Saker the Couples Coach: http://www.thecouplescoach.co.uk/
- Not taking time for ourselves during this period can lead to stagnation, under fulfilment, and procrastination, which can lead to frustration with our job, personal life, hobbies, and moving closer to our dreams.
- Good coaches take the time to listen and ask key questions to their coachees, parking their own judgement and perceptions to unlock that potential.
- Coaching focuses on what’s happening in the present, and what you want to happen in the future.
- Think about the niche, type of coaching and what could work for you.
- Think about your budget and what’s realistic for you.
Work with me
So why not find out more about coaching and if I am the right person for you, by booking a free 30-minute call with me here:
Why not be part of my January Jumpstart? Email me at: email@example.com to find out more.
If you fancy working with me on a one-to-one basis, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or book a time so that we can chat about what might be right for you.
If you still have questions about coaching and why you need a coach, check out my FAQs here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, then consider subscribing on Apple podcast, Spotify or wherever you access your podcasts from.
Remember to tune in to next week’s episode, where I’ll bring you more insights into mental health and inclusion.