Welcome to the 65th episode of the Diverse Minds Podcast, and on today’s episode, I talk about why training isn’t a panacea, but part of your strategy to create a positive and productive workplace.
In this episode, I focus on mental health and well-being training, specifically aimed at workplaces.
Listen to the episode
If you enjoyed this episode, then why not subscribe on Apple podcast, Spotify, or wherever you access your podcasts from.
In today’s show, we talk about:
- Why I chose to make an episode on this topic. [00:52]
- Some reasons why workplaces embark on training exercises. [02:07]
- Things to look out for before booking a coach or consultant. [03:04]
- What to consider before deciding to deliver a training session in your workplace. [04:46]
- Factors you need to consider and communicate with a potential trainer or facilitator before booking a training session. [09:01]
Quotes on Why Training isn’t a Panacea
- Training is, of course, super important but it’s not a panacea, and it won’t solve systemic dysfunction and underlying issues.
- Please don’t ice the mouldy cake. It might look beautiful on the outside, but when you cut into it, the cake is not fit to eat, and it’s gone off!
- If you’re spending money on high quality or any training at all, you really don’t want to put that money down the drain.
- You want to think more about your training and your training strategy.
- Please also bear in mind, it’s not fair to ask for endless proposals. That’s exhausting for us as professionals. I particularly find it excessive.
Work with me
Find out more about the training I provide here
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
A form to help you with your training can be found here: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Power Hour Sessions £150 1-2-1:
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations:
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.