Welcome to the 188th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. It’s the beginning of April and this month’s theme is Please Don’t – Workplace Mistakes! Starting with the top 5 inclusion workplace mistakes.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on the Top 5 Inclusion Workplace Mistakes
- Why I decided to make an episode on this topic. [01.14]
- What are the top five inclusion of workplace mistakes? [04.44]
- The dangers of saying the workplace is like a family [06.06]
- Why relying solely on unconscious bias training is not a way to create inclusion, [07.46]
- How making staff networks do the work that specialised teams should be doing is a mistake. [09.26]
- What you can do to change the status quo
Quotes on the Top 5 Inclusion Workplace Mistakes
- People are looking for better working conditions and better opportunities, and if they can get it, they’re not afraid of going for it.
- One staff survey done every three years isn’t going to cut it!
- Pretending something hasn’t happened when it has and, everyone knows about it is wrong!
- Hiding an issue away is a surefire way to lose respect, trust and goodwill.
- We need to use data intelligently and wisely and share that.
Resources connected The Top 5 Inclusion Workplace Mistakes
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
- Why does work feel so dysfunctional right now? A psychologist, labor expert and CEO weigh in
- UK women created record number of new companies in 2022
- Blog: Do this one thing to build trust in your organisation
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-Book: https://bit.ly/DMMCHSU
- Leave me a message on Speak Pipe
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.