Welcome to the 229th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. January is focused on heart and mind connection. Often it can be difficult to connect the two, but coaching with collage can help. To join me to talk about this more is Andréa Watts.
Listen to the episode
About my guest
Andréa Watts is the first specialist in coaching with collage and founded UnglueYou®, her coaching business in 2012. Her passion for her subject stems from her belief that we are all creative and hold a wealth of untapped wisdom and intuition in our unconscious. Andréa’s vision is:
“To see the Collage Coaching Technique™ used globally as a creative coaching tool for releasing people’s potential”.
To enable this ambition, she delivers ICF and AC approved training for coaches on using her 3 stage framework, the Collage Coaching Technique™. She also guest lectures on Coach Psychology programmes at several London Universities, was honorary lecturer at City, University London and the Coaching in Context module lead at Birkbeck University.
To further share her knowledge and passion for creativity in coaching Andréa authored ‘Collage as a Creative Coaching Tool: A Comprehensive Resource for Coaches and Psychologists’, published by Routledge in 2022.
As an experienced coach, facilitator, trainer and speaker, in addition to her 1-1 coaching, her clients include Google, Imperial College London, Moët Hennessey, The United States Air Force and Jenny Garrett OBE.
In today’s show on Coaching with Collage
- About Andrea and what she’s working on at the moment [02:20]
- What the term wellbeing means to her. [06:09]
- How collage connects both heart and mind. [08:40]
- What workplaces can do to introduce collaging into team building practices. [12:33]
- Her top three mental health tips. [10:20]
Quotes on Coaching with Collage
- My experience is flipped around, I was a collage artist who became a coach.
- The heart and mind inform each other, they are codependent.
- Wellbeing is essentially loving ourselves and accepting all parts of ourselves.
- It’s important to practice mindfulness, to slow down and notice the sensations in your body and what’s it telling you.
Resources for Coaching with Collage
- Top-Tips for Introducing an Arts-Based Method when Working with Teams
- Visit Andrea’s website
- Follow her on LinkedIn and Youtube
- Sign up to her mailing list
- Send her an email
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-book here
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.