On today’s episode of the Diverse Minds podcast, I’m going to be talking about the Jingle Well winter wellbeing programme. I outline why the modern Western way of celebrating Christmas may not be the best for your mental health and wellbeing.
I talk about how this “special season” can be all but special for many of us and ways in which to manage various tensions.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show, we talk about:
- Why I decided to make an episode on this topic. [00:51]
- Why this time of year can be stressful for many of us. [02:07]
- What you can do if you do find the Christmas period stressful. [03:27]
- About my Jingle Well winter wellbeing Programme and how it can help you [10:13]
Some statistics mentioned in this episode
- According to Age UK in 2018: half a million older people across the UK are expecting to feel lonely this Christmas.
Here are some helpful resources mentioned in this episode:
- Over the years, I’ve found the emphasis on commercialisation and presents, problematic and quite exhausting.
- As austerity measures in the UK dig their heels, there’s been a wider gap between rich and poor.
- Sadly, Christmas is a time where we see an increased level of domestic and sexual violence, loneliness, potentially homelessness, and women still being the primary organisers of the season.
- Good is good enough, and it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- It’s important that you carve out time for yourself during the Christmas season.
Work with me
Discover what we’ll cover on the Jingle Well Programme here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/how-to-cope-with-stress-at-christmas-and-jingle-well/
Join me on the Jingle Well Programme and look after your wellbeing: https://forms.gle/bDtT6yhV33N8XSgi7
If you fancy working with me on a one-to-one basis, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or book a time so that we can chat about what might be right for you.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, then consider subscribing on Apple podcast, Spotify or wherever you access your podcasts from.
Remember to tune in to next week’s episode, where I’ll bring you more insights into mental health and inclusion.