Welcome to the 219th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month’s series is all about parenting with equity and wellbeing in mind.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on Parenting with Equity and Wellbeing in Mind
- Why I decided to make an episode on today’s topic [01:10]
- What makes me feel this topic is important for everyone, including non-parents. [03:43]
- The importance of creating safe spaces for parents to talk about equity and parenting. [07:36]
- Why it’s important to recognise that parenting isn’t one-size-fits-all. [11:57]
Quotes on Parenting with Equity and Wellbeing in Mind
- Parents’ priorities are centred around protecting children’s health and wellbeing.
- Family spaces aren’t always safe spaces for all of us.
- Parenting is not a one size fits all model and it can also change as time goes on.
- Mothers with children are at work in the highest numbers ever.
- We’ve got a significant number of people who are working and have lived experience of mental ill-health
Resources on Parenting with Equity and Wellbeing in Mind
- UK Labour Market stats
- Mental Health Foundation statistics
- Barnado’s Guide for Parents on White Privilege
- Listen to Episode #135: Recognising Different Ways to Have a Family
- Join my Mailing List and receive the 200 Podcast Episode Guide here
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.