|Welcome to the 97th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast! It’s the beginning of the month of July, and the theme for the month is myth-busting. So we’re going to be kicking off by talking about the art of listening to support someone in mental distress.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on the art of listening
- Why I decided to make an episode on the art of listening to support someone. [00:59]
- How communication is important in the workplace. [01:51]
- What is active listening and how it’s different from listening? [02:12]
- The different components of active listening. [04:45]
- Examples of listening exercises I do in some of my training sessions. [09:27]
Quotes about the art of listening
- By making time and showing kindness, listening is more powerful than you can ever know.
- People are just not listening deeply. They like to jump in with their own perspectives, and are simply over keen to give advice.
- Communication is fundamental in the workplace and active listening forms part of this.
- Active listening is a holistic process which is the active involvement on behalf of the listener.
- If someone doesn’t want to give you the full story or talk straight away, you can always say, whenever you’re ready to talk, I am here to listen.
Resources on the art of listening to support someone
Work with me
If you enjoyed the content why not subscribe to my bi-monthly newsletter. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMSYNR
My coaching solutions can be accessed here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.