Welcome to the 154th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month’s theme is all about the arts and mental health. So, in today’s episode, I review the book Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert.
Listen to the episode
On today’s show about Big Magic
- Why I decided to review the book, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert. [01:12]
- A key tenet of this book. [02:01]
- The core themes that resonated with me as a reader. [03:56]
- Why I do a podcast instead of writing a blog. [09:42]
- Some of the pitfalls of the book. [11:40]
Quotes connected to Big Magic
- We often forget that we are all creative beings, which is one of the tenents of this book.
- It’s not about creating masterpieces. It’s not about how to be the next big thing. It’s not about how to monetise your creativity, but it’s about the process.
- Fear keeps you rooted in inaction.
- We don’t always have families that support us and champion us to live a creative life.
- There’s no such thing as the greatest and the worst because of subjectivity and perspective.
Resources related to Big Magic
- Leave me an anonymous message on my SpeakPipe
- Big Magic By Elizabeth Gilbert
- Check out my course: The Mentally Healthy Professional
- Listen to Episode #153 How the arts support mental health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
Join my mailing list here: https://bit.ly/DMMCHSU
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.