Welcome to the 127th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This month’s focus is all about giving and sharing. Today we focus on sharing your story and how this benefits our mental health. To join me in talking about this in more detail is Shari Foos.
Listen to the episode
About my guest Shari Foos
Shari is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who holds a Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University Los Angeles, and a Master of Science in Narrative Medicine from Columbia University. As a sought-after expert on the subjects of relationships and meaningful connection,
Shari’s writing and commentary have appeared in a range of online and print publications, including Real Simple, Huffington Post, Thrive, Shondaland, Women’s Health, and Bustle.
Shari has developed The Narrative Method is an award-winning approach to building meaningful human connections by helping individuals reframe how they see themselves and others through the process of sharing stories.
TNM programs and products are designed to peel away participants’ negative or false beliefs imposed by cultural and social influences to help them rebuild their understanding of themselves and the world.
In today’s show on Sharing Your Story
- About Shari Foos and how she developed The Narrative Method. [03:50]
- All about her DIY human cards and how you can use them. [10:29]
- Times when you feeling too vulnerable to share our story and what you can do. [12:21]
- Being heard and how this impacts our capacity to forgive [22:11]
- What workplaces can do to introduce a narrative method style approach into their organisations. [25:11]
- Her top 3 tips for looking after her mental health. [30:49]
Quotes on Sharing Your Story
- Every group struggles with the projections of others positive or negative,
- I just get so much energy from having real conversations with people.
- When you connect with the beat of your heart, you are connecting from your dominant part to all the other parts inside of yourself.
- Everyone you come into contact with is a relationship,
- Brilliant ideas can come from everywhere, when they’re invited.
Connect with my guest and learn more about Sharing Your Story and the Narrative Method
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.