Staying connected during social isolation
On today’s episode of the Diverse Minds Podcast, I’m going to be talking about how we can stay safe and connected during a period of social and physical distancing to protect ourselves from acquiring Coronavirus/COVID-19.
At the moment, there is no escape or let up from this global pandemic. So, I felt it was right to dedicate and focus a show on this topic. This podcast takes information from resources from a recent blog post I wrote around the five ways of wellbeing and Coronavirus.
In this episode, I’m going to share with you lots of resources around how you can still connect with people in a way that is safe for you and for others.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show, we talk about:
- How to reach out to me if you need help at this time. [01:55]
- My ideas on how we can connect during this time. [04:05]
- The importance of exercising and how to keep fit during social isolation. [06:35]
- How to practice mindfulness during this period. [09:33]
- Why we need to keep learning and how to do so safely at home. [11:37]
Resources for staying connected during social isolation
- Check out my recent blog post for links to resources mentioned in this episode
- Check out my blog post – Four Ways Love Can Improve your Mental Health.
- Why not access my e-book The Mentally Healthy Leading Manager ?
- Join my Wellbeing 365 Facebook Group
- You can’t pour from an empty cup. You need to replenish your cup, drink from it, and then be able to help other people.
- Most of us haven’t seen anything like this in our lifetimes, and we all need to respond in some way.
- Persistent loneliness has the equivalent effect of smoking 15 cigarettes a day in our bodies.
- Mindfulness is about being in the moment, not worrying about the future and not regretting the past.
- At this moment in time, the phone is our friend, so please don’t be afraid to pick it up.
Work with me
Join my newsletter and get my e-book the Mentally Healthy Leading Manager for free: Subscribe here
Want to do more in your workplace 366 days of this year?
Don’t forget you don’t have to go it alone and spin plates on your own. Find out more about the coaching I do on my website https://diverseminds.co.uk /solutions/coaching
So why not find out more about how I can help you and your workplace wellbeing plans by booking a free 30-minute call with me here:
Find out more about the solutions I offer: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/
Subscribe to the podcast
Remember to tune in to next week’s episode, where I’ll bring you more insights into mental health and inclusion