Welcome to the 207th episode of the award-winning Diverse Minds podcast. This episode is the final in our series on South Asian Heritage Month, a time to celebrate the diverse stories that shape the South Asian community.
This year’s theme is “Tell Your Story”, and it encourages individuals to share their personal journeys and the pivotal moments that have shaped their identities.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show on Ways to Tell Your Story
- How our stories make us unique. [00:58]
- About my TEDx talk and booking me as a speaker. [01:11]
- Why we should consider other awareness days and history months. [01:46]
- How telling your stories authentically, can something about what it means to be human [02:58]
- Why we don’t have to lay everything on the table. [03:34]
Quotes on Ways to Tell Your Story
- Everyone has a story to tell, but sometimes it’s not easy to tell our stories.
- Stories draw upon our universal need for connection, and to be human is to tell stories.
- It can be really reassuring to hear other people’s experiences and stories.
- Telling your stories authentically says something about what it means to be human.
- We don’t have to lay everything on the table.
Resources on Ways to Tell Your Story
- Why You Need to Tell Your Story to the World
- Why is it so important to tell your story?
- 1 in 5 Living a Life without children My Episode: No Regrets
- Listen to Episode #149: Using Lived Experience to shape better workplaces
- Check out Episode #127: Sharing Your Story with Shari Foos
- Join my Mailing List and receive my free e-Book here
- Check out my TEDx talk: The Connection between Culture, Race and Mental Health
Work with me
Have a look at my online work-life balance course on Thinkific. You can access it here: http://bit.ly/DMMHPONC
One hour focused Sessions £150 1-2-1
Power Hour Sessions for Organisations
Complete the form to discuss your training needs: https://forms.gle/hgnYtmTu33Zeem489
Check out my FAQs here: https://diverseminds.co.uk/solutions/coaching/
You can learn more about the coaching I do to support your wellbeing here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Remember to tune in next week, where I’ll bring you more insights on mental health and inclusion.