Today’s episode of the Diverse Minds Podcast is all about celebrating a very happy 1st birthday, a 52 full episodes of the show!
For the first birthday, I share with you the five key things that I have learned over the 52 episodes of the podcast.
Listen to the episode
In today’s show, I talk about:
- Why it took me so long to start a podcast! [1:27]
- How to find your voice. [02:12]
- The way in which statistics can help inform your content. [03:58]
- How you can tell your story on audio. [06:02]
- The fifth big key lesson that I’ve learned. [10:57]
Resources to celebrate our Happy 1st Birthday:
- First Episode: Why I started Diverse Minds and my journey
- Episode 41: Racism and Genuine Allyship
- Fortieth Episode : Negotiating Something Better
- Episode 39: Resilience and Mental Health
- Second Episode : How and why to talk about Suicide at work
- Sixth Episode : Black Mental Health
- Episode 48: Passion, Patience and Persistence
- Decolonising Contraception
- Ramadan Tent Project
- Verhsa Patel
- Windrush Campaigner Patrick Vernon
- Purple Space
- Steph Cutler Making Lemonade
- Mac Alonge from the Equal Group
- Poet Jess Green
- If you do want to start a podcast, make sure that you’ve got someone with knowledge who can help you with planning properly and really push you.
- Something that’s really struck me is that most of my episodes with guests have not been the most widely listened to.
- You can also use your blogs as a content generator to give you ideas for things to talk about in future episodes.
- Don’t get too hung up on statistics, instead use them to make informed decisions about your podcast and what you do.
- Planning my content in advance was super helpful. It allowed me to be flexible and adapt during the pandemic.
Work with me
I’d love for you to help me shape the next 12 months of the podcast. This is your opportunity to input into the next 12 months of content and I would love your input.
You can access the survey here and you have the opportunity to win an on-air coaching session worth £150. https://forms.gle/oJQGKeuf6EXwuYck7
You can learn more about the coaching I do here.
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed it, why not leave a review?
Don’t forget to input your ideas into the survey: https://forms.gle/oJQGKeuf6EXwuYck7
Remember to tune in to next week’s episode, where I’ll bring you more insights into mental health and inclusion.